Early Spring: March and April the park is open 7 days per week weather permitting. Weekdays 4pm to dusk and weekends and holidays 10am to 6pm.
Regular Season: May 1 til October 31 the track is open: Tuesday, Wednesday Thursdays and Fridays: 4pm until dusk (9:45pm max). Closed Mondays. Weekends and Holidays : 10am-6pm
Off Season: November 1-Feb 28. During the winter the track is open weekends when conditions allow and on occasional weekdays when conditions are very good and staff are available. Always check the recording before heading out in winter.
THE TRACK IS ALWAYS OPEN WEATHER AND CONDITIONS PERMITTING AND MAY BE CLOSED AT ANY TIME DUE TO CONDITIONS OR EVENTS! Opening times may vary in the early spring/winter due to temperatures.
Check the recording 403.2404025 or Facebook or Twitter feed for up dates on conditions, events and latest info on opening times.
Who Can Ride:
Anyone with a dirt bike and helmet. We strongly recommend you wear all the Motocross protective gear, but we only enforce helmets. Insurance, licence or registration is not needed to ride on a closed course like ours. We have a tracks for all bike types, skill levels and ages. We also allow mini quads to ride on our mini and beginner tracks.
Note: We do not allow full sized quads. Sorry we are too busy with motorcycles – and quads and bikes move much differently and do not mix well together.
Organized practice may be run on weekends in the early spring if the track is very busy for safety. During most of the year open practice is run.
Organized Practice Rules:
1. You can only go in one practice class per day do not try to ride in more than one practice class.
2. Obey the flagger.
3. Any abuse of the flagger (or any staff) will result in immediate expulsion from the track and possible fines or suspension of riding privileges.
As always if you spot a downed rider pull off the track in a safe place turn around and flag down up coming riders to ensure no one runs over the down rider. Once all the riders are stopped then check on the injured rider. If the rider can not leave the track on their own power close the track and go to the entrance gate to call 911. The track is closed until the ambulance leaves the track area.
Help keep our park safe and open! To ride at the park you must follow our rules. You can and will be asked to leave with out a refund it you are found in violation of our rules.
1. You must wear a Helmet whenever you are riding any motorcycle or bicycle anywhere in the park!
2. Ride slowly and safely in the parking area!
3. Drugs and Alcohol are not allowed in the park!
4. No doubling-one rider per bike!
Other Important Rules:
The park is located within the city limits, so we must follow all Calgary bylaws such as no riding before 9 am or after 10 pm (including race days), and you must wear a helmet when riding any motorcycle, quad, or bicycle.
Do not ride a track that is marked closed, or is being worked on or has medical personnel on it.
Be careful to enter tracks at a safe location.
Be sure you are riding the track in the correct direction. If you are not sure ASK!
Watch for slower riders and pass them carefully.
Do not ride beyond your capabilities. Stay off of tracks you can not ride at a smooth, consistent pace. You may be asked not to ride a track that any WRMA official deems is beyond your capabilities.
If a faster rider is passing you- hold your line do not zig-zag across the track.
If you see a downed rider: get yourself off the track at a safe location. Then circle back to alert up coming riders of the accident-wave them down from the side of the track. Once the area is safe from upcoming riders attend to the downed rider. Do not move the rider, call an ambulance. THE TRACK IS CLOSED TO RIDING UNTIL THE INJURED RIDER IS CLEARED FROM THE TRACK AND ALL EMERGENCY CREW HAVE LEFT THE TRACK AREA!!! DO NOT CONTINUE RIDING THE TRACK!!!
Obey all signs and all instructions from any WRMA officials and staff.
Drive cars slowly and safely in the park.
Pets must be kept safely contained and leashed.
Do not litter, throw all your garbage into our bins or take it home. Do not dispose of oil or tires at the park take them to city land fill for safe disposal.
WRMA Trailer and RV Parking Policy
* Parking and camping are allowed for race events for all participants and spectators beginning Friday at noon to Sunday at the conclusion of the event unless otherwise specified. Charges may apply.
Regular Season Member Parking $300:
* No overnight camping in the park is allowed except during race events.
* Members may leave their race trailers and or RV’s (herein referred to as Trailers) in the park to prevent having to haul them to the track every time they ride.
* A $300 per year charge applies to be paid before parking the trailer in the park.
* Members must register their trailer with the sign in staff and display a valid government registration (license plate) on the back of their trailer so we can get in touch with the owner in the event we need the trailer moved.
* WRMA discourages members from leaving any valuables in their trailers and encourages members to insure their trailers and any contents. WRMA is not responsible for any loss.
* Members leaving their trailers must sign a waiver absolving WRMA of any responsibility for security or safety of their trailer or contents and acknowledging they have read and understand our rules.
* In the event WRMA needs a member’s trailer moved we will provide a minimum of 24hrs notice. After that period the member is responsible to move the trailer with in the time specified by WRMA.
* WRMA reserves the right to move or tow off site any trailer parked in the facility if the owner does not move it with in the time specified by WRMA. WRMA will not be responsible for any damages incurred during any move. Towing and impound charges are the responsibility of the trailer owner.
* If a trailer has to be moved by WRMA and a hitch locking device is used it will be cut off at the expense of the trailer owner.
* All trailers must be removed from the park prior to the CMRC Pro National, the Red Bull Rocks and Logs event the Spartan mud run and any other events as requested.
* Members are responsible to keep WRMA informed of any change in their contact information.
Regular Season Non Member Parking:
* No overnight camping or parking of trailers is allowed except for during race events.
Thank you for following our rules to keep your park safe.